Self catering Cottages in the Scottish Borders
Burnfoot holiday cottages in the Scottish Borders are situated in the picturesque Eskdale Valley three and a half miles from the town centre of Langholm in Dumfries and Galloway. There is over a mile of fishing on the River Esk and guests are able to fish in season by prior arrangement. There are many beautiful walks in the hills and by the river.
The five cottages, situated in the grounds of Burnfoot House are a conversion from a stable block built in 1852. One room nearby shows an original stable. The cottages vary in size from one bedroom to three bedrooms. They are all recently refurbished and rewired and have gas central heating and new fitted kitchens.
Burnfoot House itself enjoys extensive grounds. It was built in 1850 for the Malcolm family who gained recognition for their military and naval service. It is to one of the Malcolms that the famous Langholm Monument is dedicated.
Amenities- Plenty of car parking, walking, fishing (by prior arrangement). Three and a half miles away in Langholm are:-2 supermarkets, 3 pubs, a restaurant, cafe, take away, shops and tourist attractions. Two of the new for 2000 sign-posted Langholm walks pass close to the property. For the nature lover and bird spotter there is much to discover - many wild flowers, deer, otter, red squirrel and kingfisher to mention but a few.
Attractions in the Area .....
- The Langholm walks project , a network of over twenty circular walks. varying from three to around twenty miles. All have signs, stiles etc and pass through some beautiful countryside.
- Fishing on the Border Esk approximately 150 metres
- Border Fine Arts has its base and a showroom in Langholm
- Pony trekking is available at Newcastleton - approximately 10 miles away
- Lockerbie Farm buggy trails approximately - 19 miles
- Buddhist centre at Eskdalemuir approximately - 13 miles
- Robert Burns centre and Robert Bums home both in Dumfries - approximately 32 miles
- Caerlaverock Castle on the Solway coast approximately - 43 miles
- Gretna Green approximately - 16 miles
- King Robert the Bruce's Cave - approximately twenty miles.
Price / Week / Property
Prijs per week Preis pro Woche
Tarif à la semaine Precio p. semana/alojamiento
|Accom type||Accom info||Tariff|
|5 Cottages||1 - 3 bedrooms, sleeping 2 - 6||See below|
Cottage No. 1.
Sleeps Max. 4
Cottage No. 3.
Sleeps Max. 4
Cottage No. 4.
Sleeps Max. 7
Cottage No. 5.
Sleeps Max. 2
|5 Jan – 2 Feb||£240||£230||£325||£180|
|2 Feb – 30 Mar||£270||£250||£365||£210|
|30 Mar – 18 May||£345||£330||£425||£250|
|18 May – 22 Jun||£385||£370||£480||£260|
|22 Jun – 31 Aug||£455||£440||£540||£260|
|31 Aug– 21 Sept||£365||£350||£455||£260|
|21 Sept – 2 Nov||£345||£330||£425||£260|
|2 Nov – 21 Dec||£270||£260||£360||£210|
|21 Dec – 4Jan||£455||£440||£540||£260|
Min 1 night (except in October - 3 nights)
Deposit: 20% payable on booking
Balance: 30 days before arrival